Privacy Promise – Star Travel
Star Travel Privacy Promise. Star Travel believes in protecting your privacy.
These are our ten promises to you:
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make.
- Relevance. We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
- Retention. We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
- Accuracy. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
- Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Sharing. Except as described in this Policy, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
- International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- Enforcement. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, change your marketing preferences or issue a complaint, contact us at:
US Star Travel, LLC
5245 E 600Th N
Churubusco IN 46723
Scope of this Policy
Your Consent to This Policy
This Policy is part of the Terms and Conditions of Star Travel, LLC and its subsidiaries. To review our Terms and Conditions, click here. By using our Site or services, you are expressly agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, including the terms of this Policy.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Privacy Practices
Last Updated: [5/13/16]
Who are we?
How can someone learn about our privacy practices?
What is “personal information”?
As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We believe that in order to make your experience pleasing and comfortable, we must strive to anticipate your needs. There are several ways we collect your personal information when you visit our Sites or use our services:
- Information You Provide. If you’re completing a Vacation Request Form or registering for any type of email from us, we’ll ask for your name, address, email address, and phone number. Your information may be shared with a travel agent for services requested on your behalf. The sharing of this information to travel agencies is only used for requested services and not for any other purpose. If you provide us comments through the “Contact Us” link on our Site, we’ll provide a way for you to include your contact information, but you can also choose to provide anonymous comments. Another way we try to anticipate your needs is by conducting market research. We will occasionally invite our past customers to participate in surveys or focus groups where we will ask for your opinions about your experience with us or about new services we are considering. Your participation in our market research is always on a voluntary basis.
- Information Provided by Companies Outside Star Travel. We may, from time to time, obtain information about our customers from other companies, but only if these companies have the right to share that information with us. For example, if we do not have your current email address, we may obtain that information from another company so that we can keep your account up-to-date, but only if the other company has the right to share that information with us.
- Information Sent To Us By Your Browser. Like most commercial websites, we collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our Sites. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider, the type of your operating system, and the type of your browser. The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. We use this information to create statistics that help us improve our Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. However, we may review our server logs for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into our network. If we suspect criminal activity, we might share our server logs – which contain visitors’ IP addresses – with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals. In addition, if you access this site through an email we have sent you, we may link the information provided by your browser to information in our records that identifies you personally.
- Information Collected by Travel Agents. Many of the travel agencies within Star Travel are franchisees or members, owned and operated independently of Star Travel or its subsidiaries. Because they are separate businesses, we can’t control all of the ways they may collect and use guest information. We do, however, require our travel agents to comply with all applicable legal requirements regarding the privacy of your information. If you provide us comments, we’ll use your information to improve our services.
- If you have additional questions regarding your personal information, please contact us using the “Contact Us” link on this Site. Under “General Inquiries,” please complete the form with your question and we will respond promptly within the time limits established by applicable law. For your protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide the access you request and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so.
How do we use your personal information?
Newsletters, Special Offers, and Updates. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions. You can sign up for these emails on our Sites. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. As required by law, you can unsubscribe anytime by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of every email.
We use your personal information to provide your requested travel-related services; to communicate with you regarding future travel with us; to communicate with you regarding possible affiliation with us; to customize the content and layout of this Site to match your needs, interests, and preferences; and to learn more about the your needs and wishes to improve this Site and other aspects of our services.
If you receive an unwanted email message, you should use the “opt-out” link contained in that message to unsubscribe.
Do we share your information with other companies?
We may share your personal information in the ways described below:
- Star Travel Travel Agents. Many travel agents operating under the Star Travel umbrella are independently owned and operated franchisees or members. In order to process reservations with them, fulfill customer requests, and update customer privacy preferences, we will share customer information with these travel agents.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf. For example, we use a third party to deliver our emails to you. Our third-party service providers are only authorized to use your personal information to perform services on our behalf and are required to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We do not share, sell, rent or trade personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Third-Party Marketing Partners. If you have provided us permission to do so, we may share your personal information with third parties who will use the information to send you information and offers that they believe will be of interest to you.
- Refer-a-Friend. Occasionally we will include a “refer-a-friend” feature in our promotions where we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting your friend to visit the Sites.
- Sweepstakes. Occasionally, we’ll feature sweepstakes offers on our Sites. If you enter these sweepstakes, Star Travel, LLC or our suppliers will hold your registration information. If you win the sweepstakes, we may provide your registration information to a sweepstakes partner company for the purpose of providing you your prize.
- Law Enforcement. There are other, limited circumstances in which we or the companies with which we share your personal information may share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties. For example, we may provide personal information to a third party when we believe it is necessary to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to comply with a court order or subpoena; to comply with a legal requirement; to protect your vital interests; or in connection with a sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, financing, liquidation, dissolution, or similar event. When we disclose information under these or similar circumstances, we’ll take appropriate steps to limit use and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Does our Site use spyware?
Our Site does not use spyware. The term “spyware” refers to a software program that, when installed on your computer, changes settings, displays advertising, or tracks your Internet behavior and reports information back to a central database. Spyware is usually installed on your computer without your knowledge and can be very difficult to remove.
Do we collect personal information from children?
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not give us any information that identifies you personally. If we learn that a member of the Program is, in fact, under 13, we will send that person an email requesting that a parent or guardian contact us to help us correct the situation.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, or to which you have consented, or as permitted by applicable law.
Do we transfer your personal information outside your country of residence?
Star Travel, LLC and its travel brands are all U.S. corporations. This Site is hosted on web servers located in the United States. Our data and call centers are located in the United States. We share the personal information we collect with our franchisees and members only within the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia at this time.
How do we protect your personal information?
We maintain appropriate physical, technological, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, our data networks are protected by firewalls and intrusion-detection sensors. Only those who have a “need-to-know” are authorized to access member accounts, and only after they’ve been trained on our security procedures.
Although we use reasonable measures to help protect your personal information and comply with applicable data security laws, it’s important that you understand that no website or database is completely secure, or “hacker proof.”
What about links to other websites?
How do we enforce our privacy promises?
We communicate our privacy promises to our employees and train employees handling member information on their roles and responsibilities in protecting your privacy. We regularly assess the privacy and security practices of our Site, databases, and other member-information systems to identify ways we can improve our data practices. This privacy statement covers the Site www.StarTravelgroup.com.
How do we make notification of changes to this Policy?
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time. The level of notice we’ll provide when we change this Policy will depend on the nature of the change. In any event, changes to this Policy may affect our use of personal information that you provided us prior to the effective date of the changes.
- Minor Changes. If we make only minor changes to this Policy, we’ll replace this Policy with the new Policy and change the “effective” date at the top of this Policy. We will also provide a notice at the top of this Policy for at least 30 days after the new effective date. Your continued participation in the Program or use of this Site following a minor change to this Policy will indicate your acceptance of the revised Policy. Minor changes include, for example, changes to the list of members of Star Travel, LLC and changes to our contact information.
- Material Changes. We’ll notify you of any material changes to this Policy by sending you a notice by email at the last email address you provided us. Our notice may include a link or direct you to visit this Site to review the revised Policy. We’ll also provide a notice at the top of the revised Policy for at least 30 days after the new effective date and highlight the changes in the Policy so that you can locate them easily. Material changes to this Policy will be effective as of the effective date included in the notice to you or, if no effective date is included, 30 calendar days after we send the notice to you at the last email address you provided us. If the last email address you provided us is not valid or current, or if for any other reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our mailing of the notice to your last email address will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. You expressly agree that communication of material changes as described above will be sufficient notice of material changes to this Policy and you agree to assume responsibility for reviewing the modified Policy. Your continued participation in the Program following such notice will indicate your acceptance of the revised Policy. If you don’t agree to the changes in our Policy, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your account with us.
What if your privacy concern is not addressed to your satisfaction?
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact us using the “Contact Us” link on this Site. Under “General Inquiries,” please complete the form with your question and we will assist you.